Re: BASIC MECHANICAL PROBLEM>>

Joe Woods /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

well.. my problem wasn't carb related but it was gas related.

Pull the plug and clamp it to the head and see a nice fat spark. The thing started fine on Starter Fluid (ether) in the air intake.

Is there gas in the float bowl? Open the drain plug and gas pours out. Close the drain.

wth.. i just cleaned this carb.. could it be a clogged main jet? got gas and got spark and got compression.. hmm.

Drop the motor to access the carb and pull the gas line off, all prepared to catch the fuel still in the line with a can. No gas. Turn on the petcock and still no gas??

damn.. how dumb is that? :)

but wait.. i know theres gas in there (err.. im pretty sure?) So I blow in the end of the line to hear the bubbles in the tank and 2 seconds later i get gas all over me. So, while draining the gastank i see that the flow is getting slower and slower..

First thing i did when i got this bike a week ago was clean the filter and screens in the petcock.. now i guess i gotta get serious >:|

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account