motobecane!!!!

Iiiiiiiii Died /

my motobecane mo-ped will turn over with out a spark plug in it and when i put one in it the engine wont move!!! i have had ppls tell me i needed new rings but not sure im selling it for $100 if i cant fix it or 100 if i can =) jake

Re: motobecane!!!!

Try pulling the decompression cable while pedaling. There should be a lever you pull that opens up a hole in the cylinder head so that you can pedal it over easier. Release it after you get it going, and try to start it.

Also make sure that your piston isn't hitting the spark plug--the plug could be sticking out too far if it's a weird type or if the cylinder head has been milled down, or if you're trying to run it without gaskets maybe.

Iiiiiiiii Died /

hmmmm, not sure whats wrong then =(

Like Matt said.......the decompression cable is likely not actuating. don-ohio

Iiiiiiiii Died /

whats the decopression cable look like??

There's a valve on the top of the cylinder head that a cable is supposed to run to. When the cable is pulled, the valve opens, which makes a hole in the cylinder head that air can flow through (same effect as removing the spark plug, but a smaller hole). That makes it easy to turn the engine over. When the engine is turning, release the cable so that compression is restored and the motor can start.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account