How do i clean my carbuerator? (Motobecane)

Daniel Mansager /

Hey,

I'm gettin ready for spring and am about order some parts, but i think i need to clean out my carbuerator. i have a 1981 Motobecane Le Moped 51v. Can somebody please guide me through this? its one of the bigger things i have to do to FINALLY get this ped running (:^) Thanks!

Daniel

Re: How do i clean my carbuerator? (Motobecane)

take it totally apart.

buy a can of carb cleaner fromt he auto parts store. Spray the carb cleaner in all of the little holes, and use an air compressor to shoot all of the crud out.

this paer is optional- but you could choose to soak it over night int he carb cleaner as well. Just make sure you shoot it out with air.

make sure you put the bowl on correctly. On some bikes, the bowl will go on 2 ways, and one of the ways will stop the needle and float from dropping and letting gas into the carb.

any other questions, e mail me at p8ntrboy@yahoo.com

nick

Daniel Mansager /

Thanks! i'll get right on it (:^)

Daniel Mansager /

Oh, i have 2 other carbs that look brand new, but are incomplete. could i just switch them, and put the parts from the carb on my ped now into the cleaner one? it does'nt really matter, i was just wondering in case this one is shot or somthing.

Daniel

if they are the same model of carb- then i dont see why not.

Nick

Daniel Mansager /

i decided to take the carb off (it was easier than i thought) and it was pretty dirty, the float was all bent and luckily i have an extra (:^) i am going to take it to shop on monday and clean it out, but i am missing a spring that goes in the top of the carb. i'll look around for one.

Daniel

Daniel Mansager /

When i said float i meant jet, and i found the parts i am missing. i need a carbuerator mount sealing gasket, choke slide return spring, and a choke slide. does anyone know if all those parts are the same for 7, 40, 50, and 51 models?

Daniel

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account