Re: starting a Yamaha QT50

Thomas Malcolm /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Oh, the 'Boro's great. Gotta love it.

I got everything cleaned out (I think) changed the tranny oil, 2 stroke oil, cleaned out the fuel system and carburator. I have honestly never seen a fuel system with so much grit and corrosion in it.

I've gotten the beast to start and run for a few seconds (complete with white smoke), but only if I dump fuel/oil mix directly into the intake. I'm not going to fool with it again until I can get a new petcock tho. That sucker leaks like its going out of style. Well, and I get some gas-proof gloves. The gas is eating up my fingers. ;)

Oh, and I've taken all the running lights off because the battery's not just dead, its dried up and won't even conduct anymore. I pretty much had to remove the headlight to connect up the ignition circuit anyway.

It just seems to me that the carb is delivering an inadequate amount of gas...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account