Re: honda pa-50II brakes

Garrett Bobb /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

it never ends!

so i finally got the nut off, took everything apart, cleaned it out real good, and put it back together. now instead of squeaking and sticking, my brakes dont stop the ped! i had it up on the kickstand, spun the wheel, and had to majorly crank down the brake adjuster knob in order for the brakes to engage, and now even with it all the way, it still wont stop the ped. i took it apart again today to see if i could find a problem, or see if maybe the pads or drum got oily- no dice. i noticed that the little brake arm needs to be within about 3/4 of an inch of the cable cover holder thing on the brake housing, i dont think it ever had to go this far before to engage. theres plenty of pad on the shoes, and i dont have any 'extra' parts, so i am baffled. could i have put the brake cable back on wrong? ia m attaching a drawing to illustrate what im talking about. also, when i have it assembled and i pull the brake lever, it never hits a point where you can really feel the pads engage, and it feels like there is some extra friction somewhere.

thanks much,

DH

1083108607_pa_50_brake.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account