Batavus troubles

I have had so much help from people on this board I thought it wouldn't hurt to post another question. I have a 77 Batavus Regency that worked well for pretty much all last summer. I tried starting it last week and it starts but barely. It runs when I turn the throttle but its a lot quieter and it does not turn the back wheel at all. Im confused because I completely cleaner out the carb and am not sure what it is. Could it be the idle screw? thanks in advance for your help.

-Evan

Re: Batavus troubles

Fresh gas? If you are running on last winters gas, you could have water in it.

How many miles on the bike? Could need decarbing.

Muffler end clogged? Maybe critters built a little nest in there.

Spark plug? Put in a new one.

Clean air filter or air filter not seated or secured properly?

Are you using the choke when you start it?

Could also be clutch adjustment or slipping belt?

rear brake adjusted too tight?

Evman Scoldar /

thanks I shall check all those out

Batavus troubles

Evman Scoldar /

---Could also be clutch adjustment or slipping belt?---

I have tried all the other suggestions but I believe this is the case. I have fixed my moped a bunch of times but am still a novice. How would I go about checking to see if it is a slipped belt or clutch adjustment? The wheel turns when I kick start it but when I give it gas the wheel just doesn't turn. Thanks for you help

-Evan

i need this help too..

brown

You asked about clutch oil? But Laura 48 engines have dry clutches with centrifugal force pushing balls outward,which force clutch plates together. Check the basics. You can't have a fuel restriction or a bad spark plug and clean all the passages and main jet inside that carb. don-ohio

My 80 Regency also has problems. The M-56 doesn't have many parts available so much of the work I have done is custom building parts.

You could have problems with your choke like I do. The cable broke off and I can't find a replacement. Anyone know where I can get a choke lever on the carb instead of using the stupid cable?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account