1974 ciao boxer 2

Edwin Johnson /

I am a recent member with a broke ped..

Desperately need a readable wiring diagram

I guess mine is a deluxe( have turn sigs and battery)

Also would like to know if anyone has a source for crank seals and case gaskets. and rings

I got it to run a bit but only by putting gear oil in case to temporarily seal the leaks(you put in a small amount then swirl the case around to coat the seams/ shaft end them set on end to drain excess out thru carb port) when it runs you can see the leaks cause gear oil comes out the spots..

Re: 1974 ciao boxer 2

Tried www.vespasupershop.com ? Fabio's been incognito,I understand, but maybe they're open? don-ohio

Edwin Johnson /

tried the web site but end up at a page talking about computer problem and tried listed phone but says it is turned off

M. Carr sent me a wiring diagram for a vespa grande??

thanks that at least gives me some idea as to how it is supposed to go. yours has more to it..

Edwin Johnson /

i have four wires from the motor

1.a ground on case

2. heavy black wire(goes to coil)

3. green wire

4 white plugin

any ideas or if someone out there has a working ciao of the same vintage could tell me what wires connect to these??

Michael Miehle /

I have a working ciao deluxe and I also have the original wiring diagram. I have however had any luck scanning the damn thing. You through me off with the white plug in you mention can you post some pics of what you are working with I'll compare with mine and the diagram to see if I can help.

Michael Miehle /

50cc.nl has a crankcase rebuild kits for 20 bucks or so it has seals gasket and bearings maybe a couple other things. If you buy it and don't need the bearings I'll buy them off you because I don't need the other stuff. Shoot me an email if you want to make a deal.

Edwin Johnson /

don't have any way off scanning.

the white plug is only one wire it is the wire from 6v accessory. coil inside motor

green is from points coil

Angelo Massimino /

May I help you from Italy?

If you take interest, please reply via e-mail.

Michael Miehle /

Are the wires currently disconnected? Were they ever connected since you had the bike? I'll take some pictures of my wiring and post them tomorrow or monday. I don't have anything that is white though. I have black, purple, green, blue.

Michael Miehle /

Z 222333MAY2004 Subject: Ciao Wiring

There should be four wires to the engine. Two go inside at a rubber boot to connect to the coils. one of the coil wires (a red one) should go to a plastic fitting that clips to the case it will have a male plug connector inside. one of the screws on the case will have a male connector as well. The wire that goes to the coil should have a dual connection at the coil ( two females to one y-shape male) that extra wire coming off should be violet or purple and that goes to the kill switch right side of handle bars. There is a blue wire from the engine to the brake light and the grey and black wires off the engine should go up to the headlight bucket. Do you have the head light with the big black removable key switch? Because if you do I is a F----n NIGHTMARE inside there. Just a birds nest of wires. I am describing this from the wiring diagram and memory of my bike (it's in storage I'll go take pics and get them posted early in the week). Also the Ciao and the Boxer are different bikes check out the photos on this site so we can figure out exactly what you've got. If it's a ciao I can post everything you need to rewire it. If it's a boxer it should be similar but we may run into a headache. Let me know what else I can do to help.

Mike from NH sends

Edwin Johnson /

mine is a boxer two

it has a switch in the headlight housing that seems to do a lot. I was unaware that the black knob came out until you told me ...after 25 min and liquid wrench and careful tapping ..I got it free so now the switch actually switches..

I have a horn button but my kill switch seems to be the headlight switch.....

Edwin Johnson /

heavy black wire to coil has a y and extra connection

in the harness I have a black wire, two blue wires(on same connector) a violet wire and a white(might be faded gray) wire.

the little book that came with it says ciao boxer two

since mine has a battery and turn sigs, must be a deluxe.

the little book was outside with the moped for many years before I got it.

the center pages were a wiring diagram but it is unreadable due to water damage

on the control description it doen't have a kill switch.

instructions say to "operate decompression lever to stop motor".

Michael Miehle /

Are any of the wires connected anywhere or is the harness completely disconnected? and how many connections have you found without wires? Also were there two plastic covers on any wires (looks a lot like a fuse case without a fuse in it?

Edwin Johnson /

will try ped tomorrow see if the wiring is right

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account