Grinding From A35 Trans

Just got back from the store and on the way back I noticed a grind from the transmission. I figure this is do to that huge chunck of pavement they recently removed on the road I take so I rode over that at 35 mph twice (hey, it was dark and I didn't figure it was on both sides of the rode and I cannot avoid going that way). Anyway, after hitting the "speed dip/bump," I started to notice a nasty grinding from the trans that I could feel through the pedal. Anyone have and idea what went loose or broke? My moped is a TOMOS LX.

Re: Grinding From A35 Trans

Reckon you might have broken that clothes-pin shaped spring clip on the pedal shaft inside? I'd take her apart and look. don-ohio

Lance Baresic /

Would that affect my ability to pedal it myself w/o engine power and also, Chris MWH, are you going to be around this weekend since I might have to stop by?

I would think so,Lance. I've nevr run a Tomos though. don

Lance Baresic /

New update: fixed my front fender so it doesn't shave my tire any more and I re-greased my chain. I just took it out for a test ride yesterday and the grinding disappeared (except when I'm stopping) but now my top speed went down a lot along w/ my acceleration and my idle speed is very high for some odd reason. Any suggestions on what's wrong now?

hey Bassman,I had the same problem last weekend. So I took it to the shop I live near and where I bought it. Well I took it there and I had it fixed and he said it was the mixture and he played around with it intell it stoped. So I would try that. hope that helps

Lance Baresic /

I know my mixture is right and I know it's a problem w/ the trans. I just hope it isn't a chipped tooth of a gear like that one kid had w/ his (same moped) that went over a large bump (like me).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account