Bravo tailight wiring

Christopher Kilby /

My 77 Piaggio Bravo has a dim rear running light at Idle and blows the bulb within the first couple of rides. The wire for the running light is a gray color and has continuity with ground. I traced the short through the harness to the headset where both sides of the headlight bulb connector is also shorting to ground. What the Hell? Why is that? I need a good diagram! I don't know what side of the connector is supposed to be ground if any on the headlight. Can anyone help me? Chris from Raleigh NC.

Re: Bravo tailight wiring

Christopher Kilby /

So, I read everything in the resources section and have decided to add to my topic. My battery is questionable, (water level was low, I corrected it with distilled water.) but is still connected. I read on the site that the battery serves as a sort of voltage regulator to prevent blowing bulbs, so why is my tailight still blowing after servising the battery and checking the conections. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Chris

Bruce Wilkinson /

Maybe the battery will not hold the proper charge now because of age. Do you know how to check this ?

Your headlight is working,right? I bought some bad bulbs once(taiwanese) and they would blow constantly. If that's not it, make sure the battery has contact. A bad battery connection takes away your surge protection at higher rpms on Hondas, so it might on that too. don-ohio (:^)

Christopher Kilby /

Maybe when I hit bumps at full speed the battery gets knocks around and breaks my connection somehow, or something. I still need a good wiring diagram. Anyone?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account