1982 Honda Urban Express NU 50 Air Filter

I didnt have an air filter on my moped since I got it from my Grandfather, I assumed he had one when he hadn't. Last week when i was riding it, it decided to break down and only go about 10 mph. I cleaned out the exhaust pipe and now it goes back up to 25-30 mph, but I dont know whether I should get an air filter or not, the guy at the hardware store told me my Grandfather probably didnt have one because they cut down on the power of the moped. Please help me i dont know anything about engines.

Re: 1982 Honda Urban Express NU 50 Air Filter

Leon Swarmer /

Get an air filter check e-bay or post a wanted on the other forum.

is addition to keeping all the nasty stuff out of your engine and lengthning it's life, it also makes a difference in proper fuel flow to the engine.

If it won't run with an air cleaner, it needs adjustment not abuse. Your granfather probably just didn't want to mess with adjusting it properly. :earn how your ped should run. It will serve you well.

Leon

You can order a foam air filter from http://www.partsfish.com or your local Honda morotrcycle dealer. They are only about $3-$4.

Honda engineers designed that engine to run with a filter so I recommend you get it to spec. It will run better and prolong the life of your engine and keep the carb cleaner.

Tyler Lasure /

Thank you very much I have a filter ordered and it should be in soon. Thank you for all your help.

You're welcome Tyler, Good Luck

Zippy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account