Power - 1983 Honda PA 50

Hello All,

Just went out to get some new bulbs for my recently acquired 83 Honda PA 50 and they all blew again. I also replaced a fuse and it blew again too. For fun I hooked up a 12 V bulb and it was really bright. The generator, I think, is producing way too much juice. Do you guys think this is correct and is there any way to fix?

I appreciate all of your help.

Glenn

Re: Power - 1983 Honda PA 50

Does this bike have a battery? Make sure it's in there if it has a place for one. How's the headlight? Sealed beam or replaceable bulb? Sounds like the rectifier may have went bad if it has a battery? But I am no expert on PA50s. don-ohio

Hi Don,

Thanks for the input.

The moped does have a battery and it is installed. Cannot figure out what is wrong. It is a sealed beam. What is a rectifier? Sorry about my naivety.

Thanks so much,

Glenn

Never run it without a battery then,even if it's dead. A rectifier changes the AC voltage to DC and charges your battery. You need a shop manual if you don't have one. Search a seller called `assurity' on e-bay or talk to ZIPPY here to get a shop manual. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account