How to remove stuck flyweel nut ???

I want to remove flywheel nut... mine is a solid flywheel, i removed the plastic cover and now i have acess to the flywheel nut... i have already the square wrench and also the wrench to hold the rotor and prevent it from turning... i tried and tried and it doesnt move... nothing, and i have enough strenght.

My is a motobecane V51 1981, i put here the engine pic. i want to know if i have to move the wrench counter clockwise or clockwise to take it off... i also would like some advices to loose the screw... i think its stuck.

thanks in advance.

Ricardo

www.motoretas.cjb.net

1082034316_engine.jpg

Re: How to remove stuck flyweel nut ???

try an oil filter wrench?

Ricardo Oliveira /

yes... i have the proper wrenches...

spray mad wd40 on it

get a freind and hit the wrench with a hammer while you hold on to the oil filter wrench

when Ive had similar problems I spent like 2 hours and finally got it done

It takes a lot of work

Richard Wisniewski /

counter clock wise i belive

left hand thread

Dave Chudak /

it says left hand thread in the manual.. so i assume that means counter clockwise to loosen?

anyone?

Re: left hand thread

John Joedicke /

Left hand counterclockwise, you've got it Dave/Ricardo. JJ

sweet.. thanks double

Dave Chudak /

thanks double

i thought so, but when it doesn't budge at all, you begin to second guess yourself... hehe.... it's a stubborn nut.

WRONG...CCW to TIGHTEN!

He said CCW to LOOSEN............NOPE! Left-hand thread is opposite normal rotation to loosen. Okay? don-ohio

thanks for clearing this up don

Dave Chudak /

thanks don...

so it's cw to loosen then, right?

thanks

Ricardo Oliveira /

I

1082134607_engine.jpg

See the pic... thanks.

Ricardo Oliveira /

I

1082134724_engine.jpg

Re: thanks for clearing this up don

Yep! If it's left-hand thread,clockwise loosens it. I was afraid you might overtorque and break it. don-ohio

Re: See the pic... thanks.

I can't see the pic here from work, so I'll go get my manual.

HOLD ON! Wait `til I get back here! We don't wanta' turn a right-hand thread to the right.....that'll tighten it. If the manual SAYS it's a left hand thread, you turn it clockwise to loosen it. don-ohio

Okay.......you're on the side of the bike opposite the variator,right? Cause the variator is NOT left hand thread until you get past the outer nut.

You have a square-drive wrench ready to twist? Then twist it clockwise to loosen.

Here's what it says: Attach flywheel wrench to the rotor

Loosen the rotor nut(left hand thread) using the square drive wrench,100023

Remove the rotor

Screw the cam puller onto the cam,etc.

Does this help? don-ohio (:^)

Another thing........I wouldn't use an impact wrench on it, unless you can turn the torque down to 50lbs. and hope it breaks loose. REMEMBER...CLOCKWISE to loosen! don

Ricardo Oliveira /

i already did it.

see my new topic how to clean the points.

ricardo

www.motoretas.cjb.net

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account