Anyone here service motobecane's at all?

Dave Chudak /

I need some advice from someone that has worked on a motobecane 50 or equivalent type of bike.... . i am having trouble without the motobecane tools, and i am wondering what to do in certain situations.....

if anyone knows about these crazy frenchmen's mopeds, please notify me... i shall require your help...

thanks,,

dave

Re: Anyone here service motobecane's at all?

Hello... i have the manual, and i have a motobecane V51, see the bike pics at www.motoretas.cjb.net

I searched and found many information about them... manuals, etc... and my dad made me some tools... http://www.mopedriders.org (manuals).

What do you want to know ??? any problem.

Greetings from portugal.

ricardo.

having trouble with clutch

Dave Chudak /

i am having trouble with the clutch.... i am not sure how to pull of the clutch, without the clutch puller tool.....

here is a picture of the side of the moped (attached)

i am pretty sure it is missing some parts too ( like the clutch cover, and a bolt to go over grease fitting..)

this picture is how i recieved the bike.. so if i need parts, please tell me which ones, so i can start searching for them...

thanks ricardo....

PICTURE ATTACHMENT

Dave Chudak /

sorry about that.. i forgot to attach it..

1081857529_dscf0002.jpg

Re: PICTURE ATTACHMENT

Dave, if it's like the Peugeot (and I think it is), you don't need a special tool. Get some clean nylon rope, stuff it in the spark plug hole--it will stop the piston from moving when you wrench on the nut on the clutch. That's all you really need to do, unless the MBKs have a tapered crankshaft the clutch is on, like a flywheel. That would be a huge pain.

My pieces of advice...

No rope !!! The rope will make the piston to bloq and your strengh will be apllied to it... you can damage your piston if the screw is well tighten... dont try the rope... believe me, i

Let me tell you a few things.

1. It will probably be easier to replace your engine block than to service your transmission.

2. In addition to a variator puller, you'll need a magnetic extractor to remove bushings from the crank shaft.

3. You can use a piston stop or a strap wrench(like the craftsman strap wrench) to stop the spinning of the wheel.

4. I challenge you to find new clutch shoes. Maybe you can fashion something.

I recommend you just replace the engine with a minarelli P4 engine. 50cc, 4 speed, water cooled. You can even keep your pedals.

Re: did you just get that moped?

Hi Dave,

Did you just pick up that moped??

Just curious, I was looking at a similar one to buy in Toronto,

Good luck with it!

Josh

thanks all

Dave Chudak /

thank you everyone..

ricardo.. i will need more of your help.... i have a strap wrench so i can do the magneto i believe....

matt... there are no nuts on the clutch... just and inside thread, and a thread on the grease tit i believe... please see picture

bret... thank you, but i prefer fix the clutch, then buy a new engine...... have you tried taking apart the clutch.? i think i have seen clutch shoes available on the net....

josh... i got the moped a few weeks ago.. my friend had it in his garage in brampton for nearly a decade.... he gave it to me, in exchange for some labour (moving some stuff).... a pretty sweet deal indeed..... how much was the guy in toronto looking for?

thanks everyone.... these motobecane frenchy bikes are fucked up to work on.,,,

dave

clutch parts site... reliable??

Dave Chudak /

i found this site.. anyone ever use it?

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/motobclutch.html

used parts.... may be handy though... a last resort... i may strip this bike down, and restore the parts to sell them, if i cannot get the tool and parts to fix it....

i really want to fix it though....

dave

PS.... CHRIS from MWH.... do you have motobecane tools???

Re: clutch parts site... reliable??

it

rock on portugal..

Dave Chudak /

thanks ricardo... ya i have heard lots of good things about moped warehouse... i may try to get some tools from there..

i live in canada... what are moped laws like in portugal?

please look at the picture attachment.... what do i need to do to the clutch next.. ?? will it pull right off now, or is there more to take off?

1081952351_dscf0002.jpg

Re: rock on portugal..

Thanks... i dont understand how can i clean it without removing the flywheel... the picture of the engine that I send in attach shows my flywheel cover... My dad made me 2 wrenches, one to prevent it from turning and the other is a square wrench to unscrew it... well, if i

1081956899_engine.jpg

Re: rock on portugal..

Thanks... i dont understand how can i clean it without removing the flywheel... the picture of the engine that I send in attach shows my flywheel cover... My dad made me 2 wrenches, one to prevent it from turning and the other is a square wrench to unscrew it... well, if i

1081956937_engine_2.jpg

Hello...

1081956971_engine_2.jpg

that is the magneto side

Dave Chudak /

that is the magneto side recardo.. please see my original pics that i posted... i am trying to get the clutch off... do you know how??

as for your problem with low spark, check the condensor.,... they are notoriously bad on mbk's...

IF anyone knows how to get this damn clutch apart, let me know..

thanks

thanks all

Hi Dave,

The mobylette was at the corner of landsdowne and College (at the carwash). The dude wanted 600 for it. It was in rough shape!!! Certainly not worth the money. It sounds like yours is a treasure. Good luck with it!

Josh

What are your doubts ???

Ricardo Oliveira

www.motoretas.cjb.net

1082466442_howto.jpg

see the forum... how to clean the points. hasta la vista dude.

Christian Hanner /

Dave do you still need MBK tools , the guy is sending them to me in the morning.

Hope that eases your clutch concerns,

Christian Hanner

You rule christian!!!!!

Dave Chudak /

thank you so much christian.. you rule man..... check your email...

ricardo... nice picture documentation... i like the diagram..... i got my magneto off today... took a shit load of elbow grease, but i got her...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account