1985 FA-50 FUEL LINES

I just bought this suzuki and the owner replaced some fuel lines and forgot where the line coming from the tank hooks up. I'm not sure if he has any of them right. Anybody have a diagram or picture that could help me out. Thanks Benjy

Re: 1985 FA-50 FUEL LINES

shouldnt there only be one fule line?

there are two fuel lines that come from the tank ,they go through the chassis. those then feed into a fuel shutoff switch / valve mechanism then they leave the valve and goto the carb

Phil Meisinger /

Greetings. Oddly enough I am having fuel troubles with my 82 fa 50. I saw that someone was sending attachments. I redid the fuelk system and carbeurator and left it for about a year. When I came back to the project, I had forgotten which hoses go where (duh!). I have tried numerous configurations, but to no avail. I was hoping that you or someone out there would have a diagram of the fuel lines. Carb is OK, byt fuel routing is not.

Did you get the diagram you were looking for?

Thanks

Phil

2 lines?

one of them is probably a fuel line, and the other one is probably the line for the oil injectror.

take a look in the pictures section of the site.

nick

Does the attached exploded parts view look like your carb?

1082329455_suzuki_fa50_carburetor.gif

I don't have a FA50 but it looks from the exploded parts view and the position of the float needle valve, I marked where I think the gas and oil lines should go.

Does this look correct to you?

1082330331_suzuki_fa50_carb.jpg

Jeremy Smoot /

I have 2 82 FA50's, and might be able to help you out. There are 2 lines coming from the gas tank. The fuel selector has 2 places for lines coming in, and 2 going out.

On the gas tank, the fuel line on top goes to the place on bottom of the fuel selector, on the side that is facing the moped. The bottom line from the gas tank goes to the top place on the fuel selector on the same side.

Now, see attached pic. The fuel line going to number 1 in the pic should be coming out of the right side in the middle of the fuel selector. The fuel line going to number 2 in the pic should be coming from the very bottom of the fuel selector.

I know that my explanation is confusing, but don't have a digital camera to take pictures right now. If you can't figure it out by my explanation, let me know that you need pics, and I will get them for you ASAP.

Jeremy

Jeremy Smoot /

Oh, and you might need the pic :) (see attached)

Jeremy

1082344125_1082330331_suzuki_fa50_carb.jpg

Thanks Jeremy. My son has an OR50 and I checked the carb on that and it is oil injected so I thought maybe the FA was the same.

Do you use premix in your FA50?

Wonder what happened to Benjy?

Jeremy Smoot /

I don't premix. Both my Suzuki's are oil injected, but the oil line coming from the oil pump doesn't go to the carburetor. It goes directly to the intake manifold.

I'm also wondering what happened to Benjy. Hope my reply has helped him.

Phil Meisinger /

Jeremy:

Would love the pic.

Philm@sisna.com or 630-8987510 fax!

Thanks

Phil Meisinger /

Where is the pictures section of the site?

Phil

Phil Meisinger /

Makes sense, but which one goes where?

Phil

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account