Tomos turn signal problem

Alan Herrington /

Tomos Targa 00 or 01

My left turn signal isnt working properly, may be shorting out somewhere. It worked fine earlier today, but is now very dim and when the left signal is on the headlight turns off and on opposite from signal. the right signal is fine. any ideas?

Re: Tomos turn signal problem

Probably bad ground on that signal. Check the ground connection from the bulb socket. don

Either bad terminal connections or if you have the polarity of the turn signal reversed will cause this problem. Check them both.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

Alan Herrington /

Hmm, Couldnt be polarity @ the socket, because the left front and left rear signals were working fine earlier today. it seems like the left side shorts out the whole system. Could either of you familiarize me with the parts on the electrical system? im pretty good with electronics, i just have never worked on a moped, and if i knew what all the parts were i could begin to test the outputs of them... such as the magneeto and what not. i have a voltage meter. thanks, alan

Just check that socket where the ground touches the side of the bulb,Alan. Then if that's not it, check the ground wire that goes TO that connector to the side of the bulb. it is usually that. If the wire grounds to the fender or frame...check it right there. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account