1979 Puch front brake=wheel wobble

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yeah, what he said.

if you're on the seat of the puch looking down, there's two 13mm bolts that (I assume) extend down the forks and into the shocks.

Tightening them cut down on the movement of the front wheel but they are now TIGHT and it's still wobbling when I apply the front brake...

Not exactly a wobble though, more like a "jig" to the left. I played with it while riding and then while on the stand. there's shock movement on the left shock I don't consider normal. it has side to side play-- not much, perhaps a few mm but you can see it affect the angle of the wheel.

it's not in the front axle---- that's all tight. The brake causes pressure on the front shocks and the left shock seems to give (sideways!)

how do I know it's the shocks and not the forks? anything I can do to try and fix it?

Can you run a stock carb with a kit and pipe? that's what I'm doing now.... running super rich though... feels weak and then snaps out of it and screams and then at full throttle but will cut out for 2 seconds and then start screaming again. I don't know how the "bowl" works but could it be filling, draining, filling draining? or maybe the rich fuel isn't firing well. My plug chop was very very rich.

Thanks all,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account