Jawa Supreme 3 starting problem

Bill Bequette /

Hi

Re: Jawa Supreme 3 starting problem

Bill Bequette /

Sorry anyway I have starting problems with my Jawa Supreme 3 I have it set to kick start but in the past i'd have to pedal very hard to get it to kick over and I had it running but now it wont kick over at all, I believe it has something to do with my clutch plates but any other suggestions?

I dunno Jawas and it'll be awhile before I get my shop manual. Check the cable adjustment if it has one. don-ohio

I don't know about the kick start setup on Jawas, but I had difficulty pedal starting a while ago. I had to pedal like mad before the clutch would engage and engine would catch. The problem was oil in clutch assembly. Take off the side cover on the petcock side (left side of the ped). You will see a clutch housing which is about 5" in diameter. You can see moving parts (clutch shoes) inside from the small gaps in the assembly. Spray brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner and pedal a little bit. Repeat the process until there is no grease in the clutch. Then the clutch will engage at relatively low speed and you don't have to pedal so hard to start it.

I believe this problem can be caused easily by leaking carb/petcock. 2 stroke oil can get into the clutch and make it slip. So try cleaning the clutch this way and see what happens.

Good Luck,

Masa

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account