puch frustrations

ok so andy (punta) fixed my ped. i took it for a spin and it ran well (sides the idle screw i had to re adjust that but did with no problem). I rode it for three hours with absolutely no problems. as i was riding home the bike suddenly bogged down and quit. i looked down and the carb was leaking like a sieve. Andy replaced the float, the float need and the float gasket, and it was NOT leaking when i rode for those three hours. now i turned it on this mornin and the carb appears to not be leaking, but it still bogs and quits. I messed with the idle screw a bit, but that didn't help (incidentally the idle screw is set right, but the back wheel keeps spinning, dunno what that has to do with it but i half remember a post about an idle screw issue that had to do with back wheel spin) so what gives? For reference sake my bike uses an e50 engine and a leo vinci exhaust.

Re: puch frustrations

maybe some dirt in the carb. try cleaning it. your back wheel should spin slightly.

check that your float needle isn't dirty

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/bingpuch.html

And you are planning to ride across the country?

poss,vac. leak ,(loose carb or head bolts),that will cause a high idle and wheel to spin high,,,also, check petcock and screen in the carb,fuel inlet,,goodluck

turns out you were right. big ole bubble in the fuel line.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account