PEUGEOT 103 IDLE PROBLEM

does your peugeot 103 not idle? does it die when you slow down? here's the problem: your clutch is dirty, or broken, and must be reassembled.

stuff your cylinder with nylon rope fed through the spark plug hole to keep it from turning over

take off the clutch cover

take off that giant bolt

take apart the clutch (it's the big disk next to the engine, not the variator. the variator is the smaller disk.)

take notes to make sure you reassemble it correctly

clean everything with brake cleaner EXCEPT the blue-gray disk with teeth around the outside (drive disk). that disk may actually be shattered. if it is, call moped warehouse and get a new one for $22

grease the roller bearings that surround the drive shaft. do not grease the ball bearings.

lightly oil everything exept the drive disk.

reassemble using your notes.

everyone who has a peugeot has probably had idle problems. this is why. everything will work fine when you fix the clutch, and you'll feel like a kid again. post your results. 9-6 bitch.

Re: PEUGEOT 103 IDLE PROBLEM

bump

D, I have that problem with my Peugeot 104, which is the same engine as the 103. I will be sure to try your fix-up in the near future. My moped's clutch is not disengauging. I still want to change the clutches and springs when I take it apart.

Thanks for the 411.

Frank

that's caused by a dirty clutch. follow my instructions and it will be fixed. be warned: do it NOW before your drive plate cracks.

I love the clutch on Peugeots. They're so ridiculously easy to take off, fix, and reassemble.

so true

Peugeot 103 clutch problem

im having bigger problems with my 103. i bought it a year ago, it was very good ... but recently i heard bad noises fom the clutch.. i didnt care ... and now it stopped. I took it apart and saw that the spring (that round thin thing with four legs) was missing it was replaced with some plastic thing, dont know what... i couldnt get a spring for this moped (im in hungary) where can i buy one? Im thinking about having one made, but i need to know the accurate size of this part... ive got a service manual, but its no good. Someone please help !!

Re: Peugeot 103 clutch problem

You could try calling a moped shop in Europe. I actually might have one of those springs somewhere, but I'm not sure.

Joseph O'Connell /

The first time I took the clutch off on my 103 I reassembled it wrong.

When it came time to drive the it, things went NUTTS.

--Make sure to reassemble it right the first time, and you will be saved from a lot of frustration :^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account