new morini engine wont turn over

i just put a brand new morini engine from moped showroom on my bike and when i pull the clutch and try to start it the piston doesn't even turn

the clutch isn't even engaging

any suggestions?

Re: new morini engine wont turn over

Leon Swarmer /

pull the plug, lubricate the inside of the cylinder, try to turn it by hand if you have a way.

Leon

Edward Edwards /

Also try adjusting your clutch cable, some times you need a little bit more cable on an engine that has more compression.

the engine turns over by hand just fine

and we even tried pulling the clutch lever on the engine by hand... we pulled it all the way and it still wouldn't engage...

still confused

Details are really helpful, Wayne. is this a MO1 engine? They are pretty simple as far as the starting clutch. Describe what you are doing.....it's pedal start,right? Any resistance at all? don-ohio (:^)

yeah it is a MO1 pedal start

but when i pull the clutch and pedal it the piston doesn't pump at all

it just sounds like i am pedaling it withouth engaging the clutch

Hmmmm.....got a feelin' the clutch actuator shaft may be turned 180 degrees or something. I'll refresh my memory by looking at the manual here shortly. Gotta get coffee.......eyes going crossed! LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Okay.......the manual shows the lever at the one o'clock position when cable is relaxed. Now some people hook the cable housing into the lever, and some hook the cable to the lever(which way is yours?). The end result is the same,except if the cable housing is hooked into the lever, then the cable wire is stationary and the cable housing actually slides and moves the clutch lever.

So the lever should be at about 1 or 2 o'clock when the starter clutch is disengaged. I can look at home at the actual engine and get a better idea myself. A pic of your clutch lever and cable would help a lot.

I hope it's a simple adjustment problem. I will get back to you, but I need to look at the engine at home first.Okay? don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account