dumb puch has no power

ok it start up fine no air leaks brand new rings 14mm intake and carb.. its starts but when i jump on it has no power like it has no air flittler i look in the carb and c if the slider is all the way up it is every thing is workking condiction back wheel no rubing nothing .... i lift the back end up then it runs great but when i put pressure on it it jusst sit there and sputters i have gas to it but i have no clue what it could be any suggusstion pleases help and give anything on what u think it is and how to fix it

Re: dumb puch has no power

Did you check for a plugged exhaust. ( I am assuming you checked the exhaust port when you did the rings).

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

Shane Ross /

yea i checked them port holes its just really werid it feeels like when u ride a puch with out a air filter like it just sits there pulls alittle but not alot bascallly sputters

Sounds like it is bogging out - too much fuel or not enough spark.

Check your idle screw setting. Check for anything blocked or sticking.

How's your plug and coil?

Shane Ross /

well my coil works good b/c i turn the motor over then got shock pretty badly haha but i dont think i have the right spark plug in it i have a ngk b7hs spark plug in it and the ilde is 3 turns out b/c i if i turn in like 2 1-2 turns out it will just idle super high and go no where so at 3 turns out it ildes good but this werid never had this happen before no air leaks nothing

Jason Luther /

you need a b5hs, gapped at .017. thats what my maxi requires anyway.-jason

Shane Ross /

ok maybe that could be it

Shane Ross /

i think i found the problem ok i have 14mm carb and i had a 12 r the jets any differnt b/c i think its not geting gas fastenofe let me know if there difernts in the jets b/c i have a 12 mmm jet in my 14 carb do u think that could be my problem

David Williams /

My Puch was doing the same thing yours was.... turns out my carb didn't have a main jet in it at all.

Are you forgetting to release the choke? Could the points have slipped shut? don-ohio

Shane Ross /

well i have a jet in it but it came of a 12 and nothin slipp as what i know starts and sputters when i lift back wheel off the ground it gas perferct but when i put and weight on it it wont go no where

Jason Luther /

wha??????

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account