Puch Maxi Carbs

Lucas Mccracken /

I have a 1977 Puch Maxi, but I dont have a carb for it. Does anyone know what size of carb I need to get and I also need to know what size of intake manifold it takes. Thanks

Re: Puch Maxi Carbs

Mike Monigold /

I also have a 1977 Puch Maxi. My carb is a stock Bing brand. The number on the side says it's a 1/12/293. Your intake would be a 12 centimeter (right guys?) diameter. I've been told that any stock Bing with a 12 as the second digit will work as long as I put the correct jet in it. I think it uses a number 58 jet size but there is a list of Bing carbs and their corresponding Puch's on this website.

I hope this helps!

Jason Luther /

as well i have a 77 maxi. what horse power? my 1.5 has a 12mm carb and 12mm intake. there are a couple on ebay for like $10 i think. thats a steal!-jason

Lucas Mccracken /

It is a 2 hp does that ake a diiference. Please let me know

thanks

That is wrong information. The last set of numbers on the bing carburetor designate which jet, nozzle, low speed needle, and carburetor slide go with that carb. Haphazardly mixing these parts is a major cause for poor running puchs.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account