Lights are messed up...

Hey, as some of you know i got my pa50 II running great (still need a petcock) but now im working on the looks, and the lights. I cant get the headlight working, i checked all the exposed wires and made sure they were connected and they are, last night i checked and there was a wire that wasnt connected to anyuthing, so i connected it, and the headlight was working, today its not working, and all the wires are connected. Also, my brake light...it works only when i hit the brakes, its not constantly on like it is on my nc50, does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks alot, Ross.

Re: Lights are messed up...

Jason Luther /

sounds like your nc50 is the one thats screwed up. your brake light (like in a car) should only come on when you hit the brakes. you should have two bulbs in back (one for brake light, the other of tail light) and if the tail light bulb is blown it may be the reason for your headlight not working. though i could be and probably am way wrong. heh -jason

Edward Edwards /

The lights on a PA-50 are on all the time, the brake light only comes on when you stop. Check the rubber boot that is under the left floor cover & see if all the bullet connectors are clean & tight. Follow the cable that goes through the hole in the rear fender & make sure it's not cut where the rubber grommet is. One thing I think you should have is a shop manual ( it help's me out a lot) some are on E-bay for around $20.00 there nice to have. Good Luck

Alirght thanks alot guys. By the way, i bought a shop manual for it, and i gave it to mopedriders.org and they put it on, i did this to be helpful to all of the other pa50 owners so that anyone can view the repair manual for free, it was just posted on their website, so if anyone needs it go ahead : )

George Mandalbalm /

Do happen to know where I can get a coil for the NC50?

I've had a real hard time finding one. If you could give me some leads as to where I can acquire one, I'd really appreciate it.

Did you check with www.westernhillshonda.com in Cincy? pHONE 1-513-662-7759 or www.dratv.com okay? don-ohio (:^D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account