weeeird noise

i have a weird noise coming from my engine..a sound like a can of nails being shaken up and down. i have heard that this can be the crank seals. well....is it the crank seals?

Re: weeeird noise

can you tell us where it is coming from by any chance?

front of the engine? back? side?

what rpm does it happen ?

how often?

nick

D Kwesste /

the noise comes from the cylinder any time the engine is on. i think it comes from the cylinder...it's hard to pinpoint the source.

D Kwesste /

by the way, it's easiest to hear when i am directly above the engine, sitting in the seat.

yo what kind of ped is it? and is it only at certain times? my TTLX only rattles like that at 15 and 25... (1st shift.. the 2nd one i dont know about..)

D Kwesste /

it's a peugeot 103

Richard Wisniewski /

smoke it a joint i do that with my ped and they work fine after,

they just need to chill out once in a while

jk

Rich

Richard Wisniewski /

Dan i had this on my puch its the piston.Have you disassembled the cylinder before??? check if you rings are sitting right.

my problem was the circlip fell off my oiston casing the pin to scratch the wall.

Rich

ps. make sure you have good bearings in your bottom end the can cause like a winding chatter noise

D Kwesste /

well the piston is okay. it pre ignites like a muhfugga, though, and that may have caused the bottom end bearings to start f--ing up...you think?

Richard Wisniewski /

pre ignition???thats timing dudeif you dont have a ddial indicator ask a mechanic to do the timing, you just need to know what the specs are for the points and the BTDC and TDC

Rich

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account