where do i put choke cable on motobecane?

Daniel Mansager /

okay, i have a choke cable, but where do i run it to? the carberuetor? and is the choke the same as a decompressor on a motobecane?

Re: where do i put choke cable on motobecane?

Yes, run it to the carb. Not familiar with MBK carbs but the Gurnter on the Peugeot has a notch that the cable sticks through with a cable end that pulls a piece of metal over the hole going to the airbox.

No, it's not the same. Decompression cable goes to decomp. valve on the cylinder head, choke cable goes to choke slider on the carb.

Many MBKs have an `ENRICHENER' valve or plunger, that instead of cutting off air like a normal choke, just richens the fuel mix when the so-called choke is applied. don-ohio

Daniel Mansager /

so, is that what i pull when i am starting my bike up?

You can pull both the choke and the decompression cable to start your bike. Both are optional, they just make your bike easier to start. Decompression allows you to turn the engine over more easily--get the engine turning over, then release the lever and restore compression so it will run. Choke makes the bike easier to start in the cold.

Daniel Mansager /

my bike does'nt have a decompressor switch, the cables run run under my brake levers, and there are buttons under each. so i guess whenever i start up my bike, the brake levers are pushing down the decompressor buttons?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account