whats this for? (motobecane)

Daniel Mansager /

does sombaody know what this is for, its the round thing on the exhaust. it looks like i have to put a cable or somthing in there, any ideas? its for a motobecane by the way. heres 1 pic.........

1079643377_2004_0318image0018.jpg

Re: whats this for? (motobecane)

Daniel Mansager /

heres another pic.

1079643439_2004_0318image0016.jpg

Daniel Mansager /

sorry its so blurry, i'll get another pic. but by what you guys can see, what is its purpose?

Do you mean the carburator? Because that's what you have pictured in the first image.

Richard Wisniewski /

yea man that looks like a carb

that's the carb alright...with the long intake that the newer model mobys had...I think. No cables go into the part you were showing, but two cables go in the top of the carb. One's the throttle and one's the choke. If you don't have them, go buy bicycle brake cables and file the heads down a little. They'll work fine. If you need a little help installing them, email me.

Stefan Maser /

It's the Moby's original carburator, should be a Gurtner. Install throttle and choke to it and enjoy your Moby!

I recently bought a mobyllete motobecane V51 (series V50), year 1981. It was in good shape (pictures in www.motoretas.cjb.net), i clean it, replaced the fuel valve, and it runs. My problem is when i slow down, like for example, if i have to stop in a crossroad it starts to choke and drowns. then, i cant start it, the spark plug is black. I know what is the problem, there is going to much fuel to the carburator. What can i do ??? If you can, please help me. I dont know how to tune the carb !!! Some pics and instructions i would aprreciate !!!

Thanks.

Greetings from Portugal.

Ricardo Jos

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account