Ciao Power Failure

I was riding around on my Ciao the other day, and the headlight went out .. i looked at the rear, and it was out too. It starts kinda randomly fading in and out, and then after a little bit just turns off completely. What could be the problem with this? I looks like it has a brand new coil, and I've yet to have any power issues.

Any ideas?

Re: Ciao Power Failure

Bruce Wilkinson /

Is this the same Ciao that you had the switch problems with ? Take the bulbs out and look at the tiny wire filaments inside the glass to see if it's the bulbs are burnt out ,or if it's something else. bruce

okay, now it's gotten weird..

So everything is wired correctly ... according to Fabio and the charts ...

When i start the moped no lights work .. but when i pull a brake.. the headlight very dimly comes on, and the brake light doesnt work at all...

It looks like somehow its crossed with the brakelight mechanism ... but i dont see how i could manage to do that ... i didn't really change anything

Bruce Wilkinson /

Sounds like you did something wrong in the wiring. I don't have brake lights on mine. REcheck it, what can I say. bruce

Switch the positions of the blue and green wire on the tail light assembly.

Alright I double checked all the wiring with Fabio from vespa super shop .. he said everything sounds good. I swapped positions of the taillight wires (green and blue) and it does the exact same thing. Fabio suggested i double check the grounding wire on the engine ... everythings intact.

So after inspecting a little more, it doesnt seem like much power is getting to anything. i pressed down on the horn, and instead of its sharp little toot, i got a dying sputtering sound that sounded like a seal. Could it be something like I need a new battery??

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account