Suzuki FA50 muffler.. hole?

Gabriel Patterson /

Hiya, im trying to fix up an old Suzuki FA50 and well the muffler has a hole in it, cept its a very nice round hole.. and looks almost as if it were meant to be there.. im wondering if at one time there was a plug supposed to be in it? when i plug it up everything shure runs alot quieter.. im kinda thinking I could just wrap a piece of sheet metal around it to block the hole.. dunno if its a good idea tho, so i thot id ask.

Thanks.

Re: Suzuki FA50 muffler.. hole?

use a little JB weld to cover the hole, work great!

Gabriel Patterson /

heh well ya but im seriouse.. it looks like its been drilled or possibly came with the hole, maybe with a plug in it? you think i should plug it up.. guess i could and if it starts run ning bad maybe just carve the jbweld out?

Thanks for the fast response (:

if it was the size of a sprk plug then wouldnt u be able to buy a bolt to plug it?and jb weld that in, also would jb weld melt under exhuast temps?

Gabriel Patterson /

I dont think jb weld melts.. could tho. im just trying to figure out if its sposed to be there.. like i said it looks as if its been drilled.. plugging it shouldnt be that bigga deal, ima try plugging it right now and give it a test drive.. if it goes slower with it plugged maybe sombody just drilled it rather than bother cleaning the thing out? or maybe the previouse owner wanted it to run loud? or maybe its a saftey feature.. if the pipe clogs it blows out a plug? dunno..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account