puch peddle chain

my master link broke off today while riding. anyone know where i can find out what size/type i need? i stopped off at a bicycle shop, and they had one the right size but i didnt think it looked strong enough to take the torque.. not as beefy as the old one at least..

Re: puch peddle chain

Sounds like you're talking about the heavier chain that drives the rear wheel, not the chain you use to just pedal with?

The heavy "transmission" chain on my '78 is 1/2" x 3/16" (also referred to, I believe, as 411 or 412 -- maybe -- can't remember that number exactly). Don't know if a bicycle shop will carry one that heavy. A motorcycle shop might have it. Take the broken chain with you to see if they can match it up. Or you could do what I did -- order a new chain from MWH.

The pedaling chain is just a regular bicycle chain (1/2" x 1/8"). You can get those anywhere -- I got mine at WalMart.

Good luck.

ya if you r talking about the peddal chain a bicycle cain link will werk fine.

i before e except after LESTER

im talking about the peddle chain.. i'll go ahead and get the bike master link then.. as soon as i fix the wheel, it slides side to side on the axle for some reason.. thats why the chain broke, the link got cought on the shock bolt and broke off.. =-(

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account