HELP: Motobecane gas leak

Hami Onder /

My bke runs fine but gas is leaking a pretty good amount right out of the bottom of the carb. its actually falling to the ground at the point where the carb meets the airbox. (the gas isnt coming from the airbox, i checked that.) It seems to be coming from these three square slots that are in a line. The slots are right next to the airbox on the bottom of the carb. Is this one of those leaks where i just make sure the gas line isnt on when the bike is parked, or is there something to do to fix it? please help. someone.

Re: HELP: Motobecane gas leak

I have the exact same problem, i came to post it. mines a 77. Someone please post for us

as far as i know, these are common problems with motobecanes. i had it happen to both my 50v and my 7, never figured out what was wrong with the gunther carbs. i put a dellorto 15/15 on the 50v and it stopped. put a shut off valve on the gas line to stop it on the 7..

i fixed my leak today, what was going on in mine was that the float....wasnt floating. I used a sos pad (soap removed) to rub away at the needle, it floats great now, and the leaking stopped.

My moped isnt running.

Hami Onder /

wait, what did you do? you rubbed what off the needle with a sos pad?

oh just rust and junk

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account