stuttering engine

Andrew Scullin /

my honda spree can run fine sometimes, but then occasionally the engine stutters and slows down to around 23 or 24 MPHs, what could be the problem? clogged fuel line? bad throttle? something else i dont know about but you do?

Re: stuttering engine

Go through your fuel system - check for bad lines, plugs, gunk in the carb and tank. Possibly water in the fuel.

Also check your spark plug and coil.

It is all process of elimination with intermitent engine problems. Start with the simple, cheap fixes and go from there. I.E. start getting fuel at a different gas station and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Generally that's a plugged airbox or filter that causes that. It's called 4-stroking.Or choke's stuck on. don-ohio

Andrew Scullin /

what should i do about the filter then? clean it? get a new one?

Andrew Scullin /

oh yea and with possibly water in the fuel, what should i use? i saw this stuff called iso-heat (or something like that) and it said that it removes water...does that work well or should i use something else?

William Nordmark /

If you think you have water in the gas tank, Iwould drain all the gas from it. Disconnect the fuel line and drain it into a bowl of somekind. Every tank full add a capfull of HEET to it. Get the Heet from Walmart or some place like that. Billn P.S. Put new gas in the tank.

Good Point Don - forgot about checking the airbox.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account