Re: Cranky- New 1978 AMF Roadmaster

Ron Radecki /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Harry,

I also have a 1978 AMF Roadmaster that has been sitting for many years. A Google search located your post at mopedarmy. I also have no spark. Years ago, as a young electrical engineer, I worked on development of electronic ignition modules for chainsaws, so I know a bit about them. I suspect the high voltage coil (part of the ignition module has partially shorted because the resistance is only 2800 ohms. In my experience, this is quite a low reading. I have been cranhing the motor with a drill motor, and discovered the engine kill switch that kills the motor in the UP position, so I disconnected the kill wire from the module

Any information you could hook me up with would be helpful, such as, how to determine if the module is bad or not (voltage checks, resistance checks, etc.) Where can I get an ignition module? I'm afraid the cost would be pretty high?

Thanks,

Gokartron@yahoo.com

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account