Cranky- New 1978 AMF Roadmaster

Rich Sutherland /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My brother does estate sales for a living here in the PDX Oregon area, during a sale few weeks ago he ended up with a 1978 AMF Roadmaster, brand new, unassembled, still in the sealed box. We put it together and got it running, it needed a new fuel hose but other than that it started right up. We ran about half a tank through it with no problems. I thought it was cool so I made a deal with him and took it home. Now it doesn't seem to have spark, I can sometimes get it running for about a block then it quits. I have replaced the spark plug and made sure it has fresh gas. When I checked for spark with the plug out I didn't see any. Does anyone know if this thing has points or electronic ignition, Should I try to pull the magneto cover. Hmm, I'm just not sure what to do and my legs are tired from pedaling it. Maybe I should sell it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account