Motobecane

Hami Onder /

I am having trouble starting my 77 motobecane v55. (or something like that) It will start but it needs some massive peddling. i was wondering if it was a problem anyone knows anything about. also, if it were easyer to peddle maybe that would help. anyone know any tips?

Re: Motobecane

Well, Hami, it probably needs the ignition points filed and regapped and maybe a new spark plug? Also is the choke working correctly and the decompressor valve on the head? don-ohio (:^D

Hami Onder /
hami OP

The spark plug is new and the choke works correctly. I am not sure how to file and regap the ignition points. is that something i can do on my own? and can you briefly explain how to tell if the decompressure valve is on the head? sorry about my non-knowingness on the matter, but thanks for the help

Get a shop manual and it will tell you all of this. I have heard it is harder to get to the points on a MBK, though. The nut that holds the magneto on is also,I believe, a left-hand thread. Clockwise loosens it. The decompression valve is cable operated from as lever on the handle bar. It looks like a plug sticking up off the head. don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account