Motobecane problems

Dave Dell /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hey there everyone what's going on? ok my 79 mobylette 50v which had been running great just decided to stop running the other day. it had been raining heavy the night before as well as when i was riding it when it decided to just stop in the midst of riding. at first i thought i just ran out of gas as i've been doing that lately but at the same time thought not because it just abruptly died, not the slow gradual stall that happens with no fuel.

so i've since replaced the spark plug with a new one, cleaned out the carb and cleared the exhaust pipe (ok i just tried to start it with no pipe on at all) and it's still not starting.

i'm thinking it has to be something with the electrical system as when i go to start it afterwards gasoline leaks out the back of the exhaust pipe so it doesn't look like it's getting ignited.

another weird thing is i pulled off the plastic cover off of the magneto and there was some pooled up water in there (my cover is a bit cracked and beat from two moped accidents). it wasn't a crazy amount but it was in there collected and must have been like that for a couple of days since it hasn't rained since.

so, any suggestions? electrical systems in general i just don't understand and they scare me, so, i don't know what i'm doing. if anyone can help at all i'd really appreciate it.

thanks then,

dave

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account