HOW DO A REMOVE THE CYLINDER??

Hi, I just got a bored out cylinder and cylinder head, and a gutted out exhaust for my 78 honda express nc50. I put on the exhaust, added about 3mph, I can now get up to 28mph, but Im trying to install the cylinder. I took off the cylinder head, there was 4 long bolts i unscrewed and the head came right off, now i cant get the cylinder off. I couldnt find any other screws or bolts that could be keeping it on, but i cant get it off. Does anyone know how? Thanks guys, Ross.

Re: HOW DO A REMOVE THE CYLINDER??

Richard Wisniewski /

yor base gasket is sticking ......pour alot of oil in and around the piston and pull it off this will keep you from scratching the cylinder walls

Re: HOW DO A REMOVE THE CYLINDER??

Chris Couillard /

so budy how do you like the exhaust is it realy loud or what ? Does it look ok

the bore will come off you just got to tap it with a hammer to break the seal . then you want to look at that stuff I sent to about the piston

cleanthe gasket off it ( you dont need it We are trying for Higher compression any ways ) When putting the new bore back on either use high tac or a real good atv . the stuff that can handle the most heat . Go easy on the bore for the first couple mile you are going to have to kinda mate the piston ring to the bore . so drive it around at diffrent speeds . then let it cool down and do it again . keep doing it for about 10 miles

Email me if you have any problems

Rich has a good way

Chris Couillard /

Rich thats a good way to doit but I still think he will have to tap it with a hammer and then it will just pull off

Re: Rich has a good way

Hey, you might want to reconsider running without the head gasket, Flannelman...if the ped is designed to run with one. I was doing some research on milling the head to get more compression, and it was mentioned that cylinders designed to run with gaskets usually aren't machined precisely enough to run without one.

I mean they'll run, but with possible bad consequences.

Chris Couillard /

not the head gasket

sorry if you under stand me

the bore gasket it is not needed

Chris Couillard /

ok you dont have a clue

lol nope i dont

Oh, you meant the base gasket...you will change the timing a little bit on the ports doing that, right?

Chris Couillard /

no the timing wont change any . it runs on point so if there was a problem it would be easy to fix .

No, not the ignition timing. If you leave the base gasket out, the cylinder position changes relative to the piston. Since the piston is responsible for opening and closing the ports, you change the port timing when you remove the base gasket. I don't know how that will affect your performance, though.

Use a block of wood

Leon Swarmer /

If you are going to tap the cylinder with a hammer, put a block of wood against it first. Then hit the wood. You want to shake it loose, not to destroy it or break cooling fins.

Leon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account