1985 Puch maxi need carb help

Hey all i need some advice on how to line what the puch service manual calls the inlet banjo, which brings gas into the carb from the fuel line. View Attachment for more detail. The problem im having is lining up the nut that screws into the carb with the hole in it for gas with the thing that sticks out and attaches to the fuel line. Any hints on how i should do this? i really appericate it =)

1078370891_help.jpg

Re: 1985 Puch maxi need carb help

I notice there are two gaskets that seal that entire area...that makes me think that orienting them is not important. Is there a groove around the middle of part 22 where part 20 goes through? If so, gas will go from the intake on 22, and around both sides of 20, so it may find the hole on it's own. It works like that with the jets on Gurtner carbs...at first I thought they needed to be oriented a specific way because there was a hole through the side of it, but it turns out it doesn't.

Matt is right, there is no need to align the hole with the intake, as gas will still flow into the carburetor regardless of the relative positioning of the two parts.

Richard Wisniewski /

yea i had this problem all i did was scratch a line straight across the bolt (center of the little holes) then put it together

i used a little bit of tefalone tape just to get the seal.

Is that what your asking?

Rich

Chris ...... /

yep, where did you put the tape over the outside of it? thanks for the quick responses guys.

Richard Wisniewski /

on the threaded part of the bolt so when your tighting it down your can get the line to match up perfectly

help any?

Richard

you don't need to do any of that, just tighten down the nut and your good to go

Jason Luther /

yeah, my maxi doesnt require that they line up, just tighten it down-jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account