fa50 rear fender

I should be getting a new rear fender for my 84 suzuki fa50 today. I noticed on the old fender that is broken that a hole was burned out by the tire. When i looked at the ped, i noticed there is not much room at all between the fender and the rubber elbow that goes into the carb. Has this been and issue for any one and can I do anything to prevent the fender from being ruined again?

Re: fa50 rear fender

You might have larger than stock wheels on your ped, or have the weight distribution off, and pushing down on the fender which, in turn, rubs the wheel.

I don't have a FA50, but on my Puch this was a problem as I modified the seat to put weight on the fender and then added larger tires. With the new wheels it was so bad that I had to take the rear fender off completely. I plan on chopping it in half and putting it back on.

You might also look to see if there's any bolts missing that add strength to the fender and prevent flex.

My Honda PC50 had similar happening on the back fender because a bracket was missing that connected it to the luggage rack to hold it up a bit.

Tal Reznikov /

yeah mine has a similar issue

rodger harper /

the fa50 have a hole that looks like the wheel did it no the wheel didnt do it the fender is made that way so the air box will fit right

Tal Reznikov /

its not supposed to have that hole.... it got worn through from goin over bumps. trust me i have an fa50

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account