Puch 1 Speed Maxi engine - how much?

My Maxi Sport transmission is all messed up, and I'm looking at replacing it with a single speed Maxi engine...anyone have one to sell, and if so how much do you want for it?

thanks,

Matt

Re: Puch 1 Speed Maxi engine - how much?

Charles Poole /

I have a one speed transmisson. did you want the whole motor or just the transmission? I have a onespeed motor with a 70cc kit on it. already broken in. hits about 45mph with a biturbo. I would sell it for $150. just add the carb, exhaust and manifold and you will be ready to go.

Good question...I didn't know you could swap the transmissions from the different motors (can you??). What carb and jet do you use with the 70cc kit? I would have to get a new carb, I would expect, and jet it properly. Would it include flywheel, cover, etc? Anything wrong with it that I should know about?

Charles Poole /

Well, I am not really that great at all the terminolgy. I was suggesting selling a onespeed motor without the piston, clinder, and head. I consider the whole back end as the trans.

The 70cc motor I was talking about would work fine with a 12mm or a 15mm carb. You would have to get a manifold that would fit the carb of course. I was thinking you could just put your 12mm stock carb and manifold on and have no problem at all. I was running a 68jet in a 12mm bing carb and it ran around 38-40mph. I am now running with an 80jet and it seems to be a bit much. I think a 75 or so would be perfect. Nothing is wrong with the complete motor. It looks like new. No scratches or rust. and great compression. You really dont need a new carb but the bigger the better fuel flow. 12mm is fine, just up jet. The size jet will depend on the exhaust, and the size of the carb. If you are running a 12mm carb and a biturbo, I would suggest a 68jet. I have been told this is too small of a jet for the 70cc set up, but I have done plug chops and it comes out perfect. (I think most people use jets that are too big for there bikes-thinking that the bigger the jet the faster the bike.) You will also need to ajust you air filter. Dont buy one of those high flow k&N filters, they are a waste of money and you cant fit your side panel on afterwards. Make your own airfilter or modify the one you have on your bike now. I am running the 80jet now and I just have this little hose as an airfilter.(I am screwed if I suck down some dirt however.--I have been meaning to put cheese cloth over the opening.) The bike runs great now, I cant give her full throttle when starting, however(becuse the jet is too big)when she gets going and whines out she feels like she is hitting around 45mph--this is on a flat, I weigh 165lb too. I still have the original 13tooth front sprocket too. I have a 17tooth I was going to install, I figure I could hit 60 with it but I didint want to loose any of my take off power. I like my bike to pull out strong and fast. with a quick accel.

I hope that made cents. I am going down satuday to my house in WV. Let me know if you want it and I will take her off and bring her back for shipping.

Chipoole

PS, I have a grand Proma prix exhaust I was running with the bike. It is slightly used(looks like new) but I would sell it with the motor for $35 extra. I also have a 16t sprocket I would sell with the bike too. +$9.

Oh, I see about the transmission thing. How much to ship just the engine? Also, I won't really know if I can buy it yet until Friday night, as that's graduation for me and whether I can afford this is highly dependent on how much money my relatives give me. Sorry about that.

Charles Poole /

I would say $30 max for shipping but I really cant give an accurate shipping estimate untill I have the weight. I was assuming the engine weighs 30lb and we sent it parcel post. I Think those motors only weight 15lb and if that is the case then it would only be $22 to ship. If you can just let me know for sure on friday and I will pick up saturday and I could ship on monday. Thanks

Chipoole

the puch engines cost 25 at the most insured to ship....

Charles Poole /

Thanks Andrew, I am in ohio right now and matt is in washington so I was tring to give a high estimate. Thats a long ship.

I just talked to Greg in our branch, he has a 1 speed transmission he said he'd sell me for cheap, so I'm going to try that for the moment. Thanks for your offer though, if I still end up needing it I will let you know.

-Matt

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account