wntd: 3 Star general or equivalent

I'm looking for something tough as hell in appearance. I really like the look of the general 3 star or anything like it. Something used but still in decent shape with little or no rust, that starts up and rides with ease. I'm in both the Detroit and Grand Rapids area frequently, and I'm willing to travel to Indiana or Ohio. Let me know what you've got, If I like it I'll pick it up and pay in cash.

I'm a big fan of black.

Audrey

Bopulousbeep@aol.com

Re: wntd: 3 Star general or equivalent

Your in luck. I have a nice General, black in color, for sale. I think it only has around 1200 miles on it so it'll last you. You can have it for $325. I'm located in northern Indiana, about an hour south of Kazoo. Your more than welcome to take a look at it personally or if you'd like, I frequent Grand Rapids a few times a week so perhaps we could make arrangements that way. Let me know.

CJ

Your in luck. I have a nice General, black in color, for sale. I think it only has around 1200 miles on it so it'll last you. You can have it for $325. I'm located in northern Indiana, about an hour south of Kazoo. Your more than welcome to take a look at it personally or if you'd like, I frequent Grand Rapids a few times a week so perhaps we could make arrangements that way. Let me know.

CJ

Audrey Zofchak /

I'm very interested in your general. I'd love to take a look at it. The minor set back is that I'm a student at GVSU in Grand Rapids however this week is spring break so I'm staying at my parents home in the Detroit area. I'd love to take a look at the bike, (if it is in decent condition I will buy it.) If you are willing to wait a week I'd love to meet up. I'd meet you sooner however my poor old station wagon eats a gallon of gas every 11 miles. Let me know if you are still interested, I hope you are. If so I'd love to know more about it, is it a 3 star, a 5 star? Year? Condition, any rust? Tire condition? Brakes and lights functioning? Is the seat torn? I'm not looking for anything spectacular, just something decent and fixable. As long as it fits that description $325 sounds good.

Ok, heres the stats: Its a 1980 General. I'm unsure of its star status though as the decals were removed. Its a very good running bike with everything working. The only fault with the bike is the turn signals were removed and some plastic panels were painted solid black. Personally it makes the bike look cleaner but I'm sure you could get a set of used turn signals from some where or just live with out them like most people do. The chrome is excellent on the bike and rust its impossible to find. Its been in storage for a few months now but it should fire right up with gas in it. If you like I can send a few pics your way. I'll go through the bike this weekend to make sure its in perfect working order. I'm sure I can bring it up with me in a few weeks or so. Just let me know when and where. Thanks

CJ

Audrey Zofchak /

I can come down either Friday the 14th in the afternoon/evening or Saturday the 15th in the am or early afternoon. Let me know if either of these dates work for you. Otherwise if you are headed to GR anytime soon and have a convenient way to get it up there that will work too. Just one more pesky question since I am way too excited about this moped. Does it have a toptank?

Thanks,

Audrey

bopulousbeep@aol.com

Well lets just plan on you coming down because I wouldn't be able to know if I'm heading to GR untill the day before so it makes it hard to plan. If I was to go, haulin it up wouldn't be a problem, it'll sit in the bed of a pick up. And yes, it does have a top tank.

Audrey Zofchak /

Great, I'll come down probably that Friday or Saturday if that works for you. Just give me a time and a place, or another day if neither of those work. You can email me if you prefer.

Thanks,

Audrey

Audrey Zofchak /

Great, I'll come down probably that Friday or Saturday if that works for you. Just give me a time and a place, or another day if neither of those work. You can email me if you prefer.

Thanks,

Audrey

Audrey Zofchak /

Great, I'll come down probably that Friday or Saturday if that works for you. Just give me a time and a place and another day if neither of those work. You can email me if you prefer. It might take me a while to respond cause my modem isn't working.

Thanks,

Audrey

Audrey Zofchak /

whoa apparently you get that message three times.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account