My Motobecane is running rough, HELP

Bruce Matthews /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well I guess I'll have to turn in my big bikes and become part of the army now. I just got my 1970 50V running a little while ago for the first time. This is after it had sat in storage for over 20 years.

I have a couple of questions about setting up the carb. At full or part throttle it runs just fine, at least I think that anemic pull is running fine, but at idle it runs down and dies. If I jazz the throttle a little it can pick up but it seems lean. I checked the float level after the runs and the gas level is about 1/4 to 5/16 below the brass jet in the slide area. Does this seem about right? I don't see any idle mixture adjustments on the carb so I'm at a loss about setting the mixture except for changing the main jet or the float level.

Bruce Matthews

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  My Motobecane is running rough, HELPTopic by: Bruce Matthews Bruce Matthews 04/30/01 02:16AM
  Re: My Motobecane is running rough, HELPRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 04/30/01 03:53PM
  Re: My Motobecane is running rough, HELPRe: don-ohio don-ohio 05/10/01 05:48PM
  Re: My Motobecane is running rough, HELPRe: ross ross 05/21/01 11:00PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account