1978 Sears Free Spirit Deluxe (Kromag AG)

1978 Sears Free Spirit Deluxe Moped (Kromag/Puch)

Make: Kromag AG Austria

Model: 80860 (Sears Free Spirit 817.80860)

Manuf Date: 06/1978

Color: Silver

Frame #: 3512491

Engine: E50, 49cc, 2-cycle horizontal

This is a 1978 Sears Free Spirit Deluxe Moped (Kromag/Puch Austria). Original owner, clean title. Mileage = 3,666. Has not been run in over 15 years but was running back then. E50 engine, never cracked open. Wheels and frame are great. Exhaust is rusty. Seat, cowling, controls, cables, carb, all other components intact. Sears model 817.80860. Original documents included: Owner’s manual, Assembly Instructions manual, Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin, Repair and Parts Manual. This bike could be restored or be a source of many valuable parts. I can email more detailed pictures.

Moped 1.jpg
Moped 2.JPG
Moped 3.JPG

Re: 1978 Sears Free Spirit Deluxe (Kromag AG)

Helps if you put a price tag on it.

No fun in that. I’ve got a guess.

I suppose an asking price might help, but would consider offers.

We all know that a non-running bike is only worth $100 and you need to ship it to the buyer at your cost.

"ran when parked" Is my fave kind of line.

In Illinois a non runner is around $200. This bike looks to be complete and in decent condition you might get $300 for it. If you take a little time and effort to get it running it can easily be worth double. Maybe up to $1k for the right buyer especially if you clean up that rust. GLWS.

Thanks for the input, Trent. I may just sell a few parts. I saw a seat in bad shape for $75, and mine is in top condition.

Thank you, Jay. I thought I'd be doing well to get $400 since there are some great parts on it, and maybe someone wants to restore it, but I can't put the time and energy into that project myself. Since I also don't want the hassle of taking it apart to ship, I may try some local listing like FB marketplace. This little one has certainly seen better days, so if I can make a little something it would be better than cutting it up for scrap and garbage.

Thanks again.

Moped 11.JPG

I think if you list it for 600 on FB in the Chicago Metro you'll have it sold by Sunday

Hehe people....Sell it to the butcher. That dude makes a $k easy for every moped he chops up on fleecebay. If Robert foos is out there I applaud you!

Thanks Graham! I may just give local FB marketplace a try. I appreciate your input.

Moped 9.JPG

Well, it's fun to think about someone restoring it, but then I might be jealous. Not so with the butcher!!!

Sold tonight to a guy who is excited about restoring it! Good deal for him, good deal for me.

Thanks Moped Army for hosting and to members for questions, comments and input.

1979 Free Spirit Deluxe Sold.jpg
This topic is closed because the item has been sold.