FS: Derbi FD 2k Shipped

For Sale: Derbi FD

Imported from spain last October. Soild Runner. Very clean over all but some small blemishes here and there. Bike is stock with after market pipe. New front tire.

2k shipped anywhere in the United States minus Alaska and Hawaii. You are also more than welcome to pick the bike up in person at Doscycles in Atlanta GA

b52a0f18-b622-4ad1-bc48-ebd1aeb31ef2.jpg
468d8d9f-b1d8-4598-89d6-353aeb6a3080.jpg
3cf3af81-8331-4af8-8896-2b962b748d0a.jpg

Re: FS: Derbi FD 2k Shipped

That a pedal crank on it?

Yes, and uses the smallest crank arms with about 8” of clearance. Can only find the cranks in Spain. Been looking for awhile

It has the pedal cranks but no pedal and no pedal chain. Confirmed run good 👍

campeona del mundo /

the laws in spain required mopeds to have pedals up until a certain year in the 80s...the spanish market shifty 50s always have some suuuuper janky ass pedal setup to skirt the moto classification and are usually just barely hooked up and missing the pedals/chain and shit. sick because in states like CA you can point at the pedals if you get pulled over and be like "it's got pedals officer, it's a moped"

sick

> because in states like CA you can point at the pedals if you get pulled

> over and be like "it's got pedals officer, it's a moped"

FYI you need a M1 License, Registration, a Plate, ID, and Insurance Now in CA! Times are a changing. Lol

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/new-registration/motorcycles-mopeds-and-scooters/

still a moped in Virginia!

uuuuggggghhhh this thing is so rad (edited)

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

> O C wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> FYI you need a M1 License, Registration, a Plate, ID, and Insurance Now

> in CA! Times are a changing. Lol

You've needed an M1, registration, and plate for a long time now. You don't need insurance.

> Hepatitis J [OFMC] wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > O C wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You don't need insurance.

Technically all motor vehicles operated on the road in CA need to be insured. Technically, technically a moped is a “device” and not a “vehicle” but good luck having a cop say “oh ok” to that. (edited)

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /
Screenshot_20220408-130532_Chrome.jpg

Eh, I guess you may be right. Dmv only says insurance isn't required to register a bike.

As far as talking cops out of giving a shit, it's pretty easy. I used to carry around an expired dmv handbook and point to a line that said license and insurance not required. I got out of tickets and impound at least half a dozen times. They used to not even know what a moped was and as soon as I'd confidently start spouting off rules they'd lose interest. Even despite the fact that my beater bike didn't have any lights, a plate, and I was very clearly going over 30mph.

The only time a cop didn't fall for it was when he saw me going 50+. He wasn't having any of it and impounded my bike. The next day I went down to the station and, with the expired dmv handbook, convinced one of the vehicle detectives that they had no right to impound my bike.

Cops got wise after I a bit I think, but it may have gotten weird again what with all of the electric bikes around. I don't think those require insurance.

Yup, you won’t get your registration pulled without insurance like on a motorcycle, but it’s a bit of a gray area still altogether and ebikes are making more of a fog.

Anyways, this bike is fuckin sick and someone should totally grab it and be happy to have such a cool thang.

Bump

Sold

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account