Anyone have an extra chain link?

In the past I've always taken links out of chains, but this one time I need to add a link. Funny thing is I threw my extra chain out when I last moved. Anyone got an extra link they wouldn't mind throwing in an envelope and mailing?

415 chain. Inner link.

Roller_Link2.jpg

Re: Anyone have an extra chain link?

If you don't get one by time I get home Wednesday I'll give ya one or two

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The McCabe's hardware store near me has links in the nuts and bolt isle. They want like 4-6 bucks for a half link tho, but check your local hardware store (not home Depot). Maybe even tractor supply or rural king. Fyi you can buy entire chains new on eBay for around $10-15 if spend a few minutes searching.

Yep, I already found a new chain for $13 shipped through amazon, and it's a nice heavy duty chain. It's just one of those things where I feel bad tossing or storing a perfectly good working chain when I know someone has a bunch of links sitting in their spares bin. Heck, I held on to my extra links and chain for six years before tossing it all out. And like magic, as soon as you need it, it's not there.

I think Stephen's gonna fix me up, but If I can't find a link to breath life into my old chain I'll order a new one.

Probably Fred /

Every brand the links are little bit different so what brand chain you got ?

Oh, I didn't know that, thought all 415h links would interchange. It's an "FKK" chain, which is out of Yugoslavia, so if I had to guess I'd say put my money on it being a stock Tomos chain.

20211122_224608.jpg

Always. Once made a chain for a tomos from all the shorter pieces I had laying around.

I switched to a #41 chain because because they are at tractor supply and some hardware stores. $21 for ten feet and a master link. Works perfectly without any issues and much cheaper and easier to find.

I thought #41 was a little too wide for #415 sprockets?

I always buy a longer chain than I need, if it's available. I've bought at least 7-8 chains from treats in the last two years, and with the extra lengths, have pieced together 3-4 more.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account