1989 Tomos Golden Bullet with only 3 MILES on it !!

Barn find Tomos that has been untouched in storage for 32 years! The bike inspects very well and all the fragile decals are intact. The grips, pedals, tires and blinkers look right. I'm not sure what I am going to do with this thing...

Of course, since it takes 32 years to get here I'm not going to ride it.

What do you guys think... (edited)

Tomosw3.jpg

Re: 1989 Tomos Golden Bullet with only 3 MILES on it !!

The nicest original Golden Bullet on the planet! (edited)

Definitely ride it! Those are the best.

I'd sell it on bringatrailer.

Probably Fred /

My second moped I bought was a Tomos silver bullet dealer demo that only had a few dozen miles on it.

It was a very good reliable bike.

It went 28-30 mph on flat and 14-15mph up steep hills when it was running good and 28-30 mph and 14mph uphill when it was when running bad, it’s a great bike for mostly 25-30 mph roads/traffic.

If modified to hit 45-50mph it is very hard on it.

Paul Shrike /

I like the sound of "Silver Bullet" better than Golden...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

What's the point of having a bike you don't ride? It's really not worth much more as a show bike, just enjoy the bike. Honestly I've had many mopeds with only triple digit miles on the odemeter.

Paul Shrike /

I agree with that, if it had a few hundred miles on it I would run the crap out of it. But 32 years and 3 miles, I better see if anyone wants it for their collection first. I don't think it's gonna ring the bell but, time travel is difficult.

up shits creek /

Top tank it.

Is it for sale? I'd be seriously interested.

Paul Shrike /

I probably will sell it. I am trying to turn it into something I can ride. I am looking for a mid 1980's Honda XL80, 100 or 125...

Replace the tires and tubes before riding. I have that exact model, but its got WAY more than 3 miles!

Paul Shrike /

You guys think this bike is worth 1500 bucks? Gotta' be worth that much pretty easy I would think....

Jimmy Cincinnati /

In Ohio in that condition I would say $800-1200. Maybe $1500??? In Florida. it's got value, but it's not a gold mine.

Paul Shrike /

Yeah, I agree with that also. I don't really expect it to ring the bell but it is a crazy happening....

Very doubtful you'll get $1500 in Ohio; maybe $800 but I kind of doubt that given how common Tomoses are in this area.

We just picked up an A3 kickstart (somewhat rare model) in very good condition with a few hundred miles for $300.

Nice bike congrats!

Paul Shrike /

FOR SALE- 1500 bucks- Central Florida

sounds like the "i don't want to sell it price"

Paul Shrike /

We will see what happens... money is easy to get, a 32 year old ped w 3 miles on it?... Not so much. If I collected peds I would snatch it up no question.

It's definitely not for the average rider. This bike is for someone who has a half dozen bikes or more.

Yeah I think that's more than fair, if Tampa Steve had it he would be asking over 2k.

You might have to go to eBay or maybe Craigslist to find a buyer, take some good pictures and wash and wax it.

Might as well take it to bring a trailer.

It's worth 1000 minimum.

Wow only 3 miles?? Looks like he just went back in time and then swiped it clean off the showroom floor. He must have gotten ahold of a Delorean or something... (edited)

Very cool moped. A time capsule indeed.

You won’t have any problem getting your asking price… $1,500 is a drop in the bucket to many who had one growing up (now with disposable income) and want to relive their memories of youth. (edited)

Paul Shrike /

I have had a couple PM's about trades. Partial trades are not out of the question but it can be a distance issue. If you are in Florida and think this may be the bike for you, I will consider a partial trade.

Paul Shrike /

I found a bike I want... 1200 bucks for the bullet.

Paul Shrike /

Will trade for nice rider...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account