New grips

New NGK spark plug

New fuel line

New fuel filter

New air filter

New Seat

Runs and rides!

Comes with windshield and vintage Cateye turn signal system

Has papers, transferable NY Reg in hand!

81F192F5-BE62-41A2-AAB6-66D79DF08369.jpeg
767485E4-A737-48EE-9764-D80E7762A44A.jpeg
789F0765-FDCE-41B4-A950-7D1965231C86.jpeg

Re: 1980 Puch Newport ll

Gonna need a price so the price police can come in and chew you out. Bike looks nice, glws

> Mr. Duncan wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Gonna need a price so the price police can come in and chew you out.

> Bike looks nice, glws

~ isn’t that the truth… always expect a good rippin from the “no moped should cost more than $300 guys” 😂 ugh.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Rarely do you see a kitted moped with a stock restrictive exhaust. Kinda like taking a shower with your clothes on. But seriously, moped prices are highly geographic, and you happen to live in one of those places where they simply command higher prices, so FTMP (Fuck the moped police) and post a price

Zach Van /

You are right I should have listed a price but honestly didn’t want the banter, prices are wildly different in comparison to location. I’m from NY so prices are ridiculous to begin with, I’ve seen non running bikes listed for 1500. Mopeds shouldn’t be expensive but vintage ones in decent shape are few and far between.

When I bought this bike I was told it was 70cc and chose to believe the owner, I haven’t taken it apart to tell but thought the same, stock exhaust is silly but does it’s job.

REGARDLESS, the bike is in nice shape has some extras (also have plastics for the sides) and runs/rides great. Only 835 miles. I listed it for 1500 but I would do a good deal with a fellow mopeder!

Even those of us who want moped prices to stay reasonable recognize that NY/LA/etc prices are insane, and in states with restrictive laws regarding registration, having that in hand is worth paying for. 😘 (edited)

Probably Fred /

> Brian F wrote:

> Even those of us who want moped prices to stay reasonable recognize that

> NY/LA/etc prices are insane, and in states with restrictive laws

> regarding registration, having that in hand is worth paying for. 😘

True that !

Kingsley Ned /

that windshield fucks

Zach Van /

> Kingsley Ned wrote:

> that windshield fucks

Haha she’s a head turner for sure

Zach Van /

Bump, still got her looking to free up space in the garage for other winter projects

Zach Van /

Thanksgiving week bump, $1000 this week picked up! Want to clear some space before winter

Lookin like the pope behind that windshield bro

Zach Van /

> Dan James wrote:

> Lookin like the pope behind that windshield bro

Either that or cartman “respect my authoritahh”

^- lol!

It's a nice bike and would make a nice Christmas present. I'd get it if I could

If you still have it the day after Christmas and you can get it to Cleveland Ohio West Suburbs (where I live) I'll give you $1300 cash on the spot for it upon delivery. I already have a Puch but I wouldn't mind one with the Cateye blinkers. In my family we get cash filled bank envelopes passed around to everybody each Christmas from my parents annual investment returns so having the money part is not going to be an issue. Pm me if interested

Zach Van /

> Thomas Peffer wrote:

> If you still have it the day after Christmas and you can get it to

> Cleveland Ohio West Suburbs (where I live) I'll give you $1300 cash on

> the spot for it upon delivery. I already have a Puch but I wouldn't mind

> one with the Cateye blinkers. In my family we get cash filled bank

> envelopes passed around to everybody each Christmas from my parents

> annual investment returns so having the money part is not going to be an

> issue. Pm me if interested

That’s one hell of an offer! I’ve gotten local interest but everyone is a flake. If I had nothing else better to do and had days off work to kill I’d consider but that’s a full 8hr+ drive one way. If it doesn’t sell it will go in storage along with the others to ride another day

If it is a 70cc. That is one old and rough looking kit on it. Probably not a 70cc. Looks like the og cylinder to me from the pics you have.

Anything over 25mph is super tough on those windscreens anyway. If you did 40 with it on, it would most likely break off while riding.

Zach Van /

> Jay Rivett wrote:

> If it is a 70cc. That is one old and rough looking kit on it. Probably

> not a 70cc. Looks like the og cylinder to me from the pics you have.

>

> Anything over 25mph is super tough on those windscreens anyway. If you

> did 40 with it on, it would most likely break off while riding.

Yeah you’re probably right, guy I bought it from said that but never really looked into it too hard, it had sat outside for a while and didn’t run when I got it. The points we shot and the tank & carb were dirty, after I did that she started right up.

Since I got it running I haven’t really questioned it but the more I look at it it makes sense Jt’s probably completely stock. May have misheard and he said that he wanted to put a 70 kit on it

If you still have it, I am interested. I would need delivery to North Carolina. I am not far from I95. Please let me know the status. Thankyou

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account