WTB: Garelli NOI engine

Just discovered the Basic that I bought has a bum engine.

Looking for a stock (or modded?) single-speed Garelli NOI if anyone has a known good one. I've got the carb, exhaust and covers.

Treats is out of cranks and some of the stuff for a rebuild, but may also consider a good used crankshaft/rod and piston / cylinder if you've got those laying around.

Thx

Re: WTB: Garelli NOI engine

Bump... even the Garelli Basic 50's need love! Who's got an NOI laying around?

> E BinOH wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bump... even the Garelli Basic 50's need love! Who's got an NOI laying

> around?

You have a pic of the cases where the mounts are? There are 3 different types that I know of.

I guess I didn't realize there are different mounting setups.

Here's a pic. I can get some more of the rear part later.

IMG_7309.jpg

That definitely looks like the newer solid mounts being it's mounted in the subframe and not directly to the actual frame. Those mounts are actually wider than the standard NOI if it is. You need to actually take the engine off to see and make sure. Or look between where the bolts mount it to the subframe and see if you see any rubber bushings or if you just see aluminum.

^^i think your right the the pivot is on those front bolts. Just bounce up n down and see where it swings.

Miss the basic but would explain why the rear end would kinda sway. Brake levers r huge.

> pat splat wrote:

> ^^i think your right the the pivot is on those front bolts. Just bounce

> up n down and see where it swings.

>

> Miss the basic but would explain why the rear end would kinda sway.

> Brake levers r huge.

Yeah it's set up like the Garelli Team and Gray UNO.

check in with Myrons Mopeds. I know he has stock cylinders and some other NOI parts. You have to email them.

Dos cycles has the polini kit in stock too.

Thx for the info. So the rubber mounts were on the earlier Garelli NOI’s and the solid ones were on the later ones? This one is a 85.

Do the solid mounts swap over to the others or is it a different ear / case?

When I looked on Myron’s I see different side covers (Alu vs black coated) but it doesn’t mention different case setups.

Hoping I can get an engine from a Rally Sport or SSXL or something and swap it right in.

> E BinOH wrote:

> Hoping I can get an engine from a Rally Sport or SSXL or something and

> swap it right in.

You can but you have to shim it. The solid aluminum mount cases are wider Where they mount than the rubber bushing mount cases. So some washers and you could make it work.

Thanks. I'll check that. Are all three mounts wider or just the front?

> E BinOH wrote:

> Thanks. I'll check that. Are all three mounts wider or just the front?

I think all 3. It's been a minute since I've looked at one

Back to the top...anyone have a spare NOI, a good bottom end or maybe even a crankshaft for one? I'll email Myron's to see if he has anything laying around, but hoping someone here will come through.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account