Wtb a magnum tank

Luke Martin /

Im in search of a magnum tank. Or even a referral to someone that is good at brazing. I have a tank but it needs fixing.

Re: Wtb a magnum tank

Blake Totally a real doctor /

Radiator shops are pretty good for that kind of work. Brazing is an art but not terribly hard or expensive to learn if you need functional but not pretty.

Yep, old radiator shop craftsmen are a dying breed but if you have one close and local to you, I would also highly advise you to take it there. The shop that I have used in the past can boil and clean it, pressurize it to find all the leaks, braze it, pressure test it to confirm repairs and send me on my way in 30 minutes and for less than $100. I would also recommend pre-cleaning any old or rotten gas out of the tank before you take it in out of courtesy. If you show up with a tank still 1/2 full of fuel, they probably won't have any interest in repairing it at any cost.

Have a brand new tank from India, $150. Going a different direction

Want to sell your old one?

Luke Martin /

No thanks. I was actually speaking with my pen pal, Mr. Cervini, about it this morning. If I can’t find someone to help me out with their brazing skills then I’ll resort to plan b. A small amount of jb tank weld on the larger holes the I’ll hit it with some layers of red kote. Then just fill and sand the outside until it’s nice. No powder coating but that’s ok.

Im still be interested in another tank if it were to present it self

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account