Can't find parts for 78 free spirit

I can not find, for the life of me a motor or any parts for my hard seized 78 free spirit

Re: Can't find parts for 78 free spirit

Why not just unseize and rebuild what you have? (edited)

Beach Club Nick /

Puch e50 is your motor. Every moped was more or less a parts bin special so looking up "free spirit parts" won't give you much luck even though parts are plentiful.

Treatland.tv doscycles.com dennycycles.com Sundaymorningmotors.com

Most maxi parts will work besides a few little things. E50 engines are getting harder to find but if you look in the right places you’ll find one. Could just rebuild what you have with a fresh cylinder and maybe crank. I also have a 78 free spirit tons of fun man.

Sears free spirit is just a puch sold through Sears. Anything for a puch e50 fits your puch e50 motor. Pipes will need to be “magnum length” or you will need a bracket to fit a “maxi length” pipe (magnums and maxis being the most common puch frame styles in the US... your free spirit is very similar to a magnum frame). Side covers are magnum style.

If you have a blue or red free spirit it came stock with skinny rims... I would find wider ones or mags (17in). Any tires bigger than 2.5in wide will be a challenge to fit in the fenders and have full adjustment in the swing arm.

Silver came stock with snowflake mags.

Free Spirit Engine link

Here is one option for you..the e50 cores are perfect if you had a seizure and are not sure the condition of the crank. Just swap onto this engine your good parts like carb, magneto assy, clutch and clutch cover, etc...you can be up and running in just a few hours..

I have a Free Spirit rigid. It's a bigger and taller bike than a maxi. I'm 6'2" and 280lbs, I fit on it way better than a Maxi. But the rigid frame sucks.

You need to make a wanted post on here and you will EVENTUALLY find what you need.

Only free spirit part I have is this:

IMG_20210612_203647.jpg

^Got to be worth something, I love a paper manual vs, a screen.

Nice manual baird!

It would be cheaper to just rebuild your seized engine rather than getting a new one. And you get to learn lots about your engine at the same time.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account