Sachs G3 muffler bracket

Eli Szymanowski /

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong spot to post, just discovered this site after purchasing a used 1979 Sachs G3.

I've fallen in love w/ tinkering around with it over the last couple weeks since I've gotten it.

Somewhere along it's life, a previous owner seems to have "cut-off" the original muffler bracket. The mounting plate, bolts and part of the tube is still attached to the frame, but the rest has been cut off. A homebrewed BitTurbo exhaust and bracket has been put in it's place.

Anyways, I've looked around on a lot of the online stores selling vintage parts, I'd like to try and take it back to somewhat stock, and have purchased a NOS exhaust, but w/o the original bracket not sure how I'll get it hooked up. Anyone know if they've seen this specific bolted on piece show up for sale anywhere, or am I out of luck?

I don't have a pic from my bike right now, but attached screenshots of the part in question from the G3 spare parts manual.

Any other ideas would be awesome, thanks!

Screenshot 2021-05-14-1.jpg
Screenshot 2021-05-14-2.jpg

Re: Sachs G3 muffler bracket

Re: Sachs G3 muffler bracket

Eli Szymanowski /

Don M,

Thank you so much! That’s awesome you were able to find it so quickly, really appreciate it!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account